Can smart technology make vehicles safer? Enable the future of autonomous driving and vehicle design
Safer mobility is the promise of autonomous driving. Like additional sets of eyes that are watching out for us, advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) help drivers maneuver in both challenging and everyday road conditions, warn drivers about obstacles and emergencies, and improve the vehicle’s handling. Various sensors feed critical data to ADAS devices and need to be protected from the harsh environments where vehicles exist.
The assembly and integration of sensor systems and modules require mechanical fixing, thermal management, vibration damping, electromagnetic shielding and more. Using decades of experience in automotive electronics, our world-class R&D scientists provide you with a broad portfolio of innovative, proven silicone materials developed for ADAS applications.
Why silicones perform well in sensor applications:
- Thermal stability
- Tunable modulus, hardness and cure chemistries
- Thermal management performance
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) protection
Silicones in ADAS sensor assembly applications
- Encapsulants/gels protect electronic units and sensors
- Thermally conductive silicones dissipate the heat generated by the PCB
- Fast assembly adhesives/foams seal and assemble ADAS modules
- Award-winning electrically conductive sealant for grounding and shielding against EMI
- Encapsulants/gels for potting connectors
- Conformal coatings to protect from abrasion
MobilityScience™: addressing mobility megatrends with material science innovation
MobilityScience™ combines technologies, products and services from across Dow businesses to meet the challenges in the transportation industry. Leveraging our best-in-class innovation and proven solutions, let’s work together to keep you moving.
Drive towards low-carbon mobility
Dow’s goal is to be your first-choice specialty chemical supplier, offering innovative solutions to enable low-carbon mobility. In addition to driving innovation, performance, durability and sustainability in advanced driver-assistance systems, silicone materials from Dow are proven, effective solutions for a diverse range of applications in other vehicle systems. Their smart science in silicone elastomers, adhesives, sealants and more helps to meet your challenging automotive design needs.
Source: Dow Automotive and transportation paper