New Dowsil’s solution for Battery Pack Assembly
Dowsil has developed a new product for Battery Pack Assembly. All related information is specified below.
• Dow Performance Silicones Portfolio
― Silicones in Standard Vehicles
― Battery Assembly
• Why Silicone?
• Advancing Your Battery Assembly
• Thermal Management
• Thermal Isolation
• EMI Shielding
• Conformal Coatings
Performance Silicones Portfolio
Silicones in standard vehicles
Why Silicone for Battery Applications?
- High temperature resistance
- Wide temperature range retention of elastomeric properties
Tunable: Modulus/Hardness/Cure chemistries
- Hardness range from hard to soft depending on application
- Flexible/compliant, retains flexibility at high filler (thermal, electrical) content with high elongation at break
- Fast RT cure for large component fixing and increased productivity
Thermal management performance
- Wide thermal conductivity range available
- Silicone provides low thermal resistivity
Thermal event isolation
- Slow the spread of thermal events in lithium ion battery
- Silicone foams meet UL requirements with low weight
Silicones in Battery Pack Assembly
Battery Pack Assembly
Assembly and integration of EV/HEW batteries and modules require mechanical fixing, thermal management and vibration damping. We provide DOWSIL solutions for all of these applications.
Silicone-based materials enable customers to cost-effectively manage the challenges in their next-generation EV/HEV battery assembly designs.
Advancing your Battery Pack Assembly
Portfolio of Advanced Thermally Conductive Materials: Focus on Gap Fillers
Introducing: thermal runaway propagation prevention
- Silicones can slow the spread of thermal events in lithium ion battery applications
- Filled or unfilled silicones available:
- Gap fillers
- Application requirements determine material selection
- Silicone foams can be a light weight alternative to traditional encapsulant and sealant options.
- Foam encapsulant can provide cell protection in the case of a thermal event.
Silicone Foam flammability testing
Dow Silicone Foam Products – Commercially Available
Introducing: EMI Shielding
Increasing density of electronic components in many market segments.
Shielding prevents cross-talk of electronic circuits, detectors, RF signals.
Silicones provide flexibility over a wide range of temperature and environmental conditions
Electrically Conductive Silicones
- Polymer- Able to tune rheology, mechanical performance, adhesion, stability
- Filler- Electrical performance, rheology, cost, stability
- Additives- Cure dynamics, stability, shelf life
- Characterization Mechanical
- Application testing
- Accelerated stress testing
- Electro-mechanical characterization
- Improves reliability in humid environments.
- Protects PCBs and other electronic components against environmental particles, moisture and contaminants, preventing sort circuits nd corrosion of conductors and solder joints
- Protects circuits and components from abrasion and solvents
- Stress relieving
- Protects insulation resistance
- Reduces conductor spacing on PCBs
- Good dielectric properties (insulation, moisture resistance, breakdown voltage)
Conformal Coatings Solutions
Customer Satisfaction Starts with Design
And that is all the needed information about the new solution for Battery Pack Assembly. If you have any doubt, you always can contact us and we will help you.