With Born2Bond™, Bostik brings a new range of innovative engineering adhesives designed for ‘by the-dot’ bonding applications in selected industries, such as automotive, electronics, luxury
packaging, medical devices, and MRO.
Today, engineering adhesives are the primary solution for assembling smartphones, medical and electronic devices, electric vehicles and luxury packs. Engineers are facing critical challenges such as smaller and more complex designs, the need for more adaptable and faster-curing processes as well as more demanding environmental and health and safety regulations. Bostik’s new Born2Bond™ products are designed to address these challenges.
Born2Bond™ Instant Adhesives
Instant adhesives currently available in the market are formulated using two major technologies – ECA and MECA – both of which can be improved. For too long users have had to deal with the significant drawbacks of those instant adhesives. Following years of R&D, Bostik has developed a process that has allowed to unlock the full potential of MECA:
- High Performance:
- High elongation
- High impact resistance
- High-temperature resistance
- Gap filling
- Dual cure
- Low odor
- More comfortable manufacturing environment for the workforce
- Ideal for environments where vapor control is difficult
- Uncompromised adhesive performance
- Low bloom, high standards
- Increased productivity
- Higher quality end products
- Reduce finishing cost and product rejection
Born2Bond™ Anaerobic Adhesives
Born2Bond™ Threadlocking anaerobic adhesives provide single-component, one-stop solutions for all thread-locking requirements, including preventative maintenance. Eliminating the cost and inconvenience of holding extensive inventory, these liquid adhesives fill and seal all voids to achieve a cohesive connection of metal parts that remains fixed even when subjected to extreme vibrations, temperatures or chemical substances.
Engineering Adhesives Market Segments
Engineering Adhesives are present in major market segments for industrial assembly, maintenance & repair:
Lightweight and versatile, our high-performance polymers and adhesives keep mobility industry moving forward.
- Lightweight plastic and composite parts including bumpers, lighting, interior trim.
- Electronics, panel instruments, audio speakers, infotainment, ADAS, sensors, connecting equipment and devices.
- Powertrain components including engine, gearbox, suspension, electric motors.
- Batteries, battery management systems, power conversion systems.
- Automotive aftermarket, maintenance & repair.
High-performance and reliable, our polymers and adhesives are an essential component of the electronics industry.
- Audio equipment and modules including external and integrated loudspeakers, headsets, hearing aids, other wearables.
- Handheld and wearable devices including smartphones, tablets, smart watches, AR helmets, e-glasses, desktop computers, internal components.
- Home appliances including kitchen mixers, blenders, coffee machines, cookers, vacuums, IoT robots, smart devices like camera, locks, speakers.
- Automotive electronics systems including infotainment and ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems).
High-performance polymers and bonding solutions for versatility, durability and efficiency in manufacturing.
- Household & commercial appliances including refrigerators, cookers, dishwashers, washer/dryers.
- Small appliances including razors, fans, food processors, coffee machines.
- General transportation – vehicles and equipment for public transport and road haulage.
- Marine, agricultural and construction transport and machinery including boats, harvesters, tractors.
- Industrial equipment including pumps, compressors, centrifuges.
- Garden & firefighting equipment including pipes, sprinklers, hoses.
- Sports & leisure equipment.
Ideal for premium goods that demand a fine finish, our polymers and adhesives are in a class of their own.
- Perfume & liquor bottles and packaging.
- Jewellery, glasses and watches.
- Chandeliers and luxury furniture items.
- Automotive and other luxury interiors.
- Leather and other aesthetic materials goods including shoes and bags.
Safe and reliable, our bio-sourced polymers and fast-curing adhesives enable sustainable and precision manufacturing.
- Needles, syringes and catheters.
- Tube sets and masks.
- Personal protection equipment.
- Electronic medical devices e.g. hearing aids.
- Medical equipment e.g. scanners.
Essential solutions for every maintenance, repair and overhaul tool box for various industrial markets.
- Power generation, including Renewable Energy Sources.
- Food processing.
- Transportation, including Aerospace MRO, Railway, Marine.
- Petrochemical, including Oil & Gas.
- Water utilities.
- General maintenance, repair & overhaul.