In our of Molykote industrial lubricants range you will find specific lubrication solutions for valves and their different components related to the gas industry, hydrocarbons, petrochemicals, refineries.
Recommendations for Molykote lubricants for valve joints
Molykote 111 Compound
- Compound silicone-based, with a huge lubricating and sealing power, ensuring tightness under high unfavorable conditions: environmental, temperature and pressure.
- It does not harden, and is highly resistant to water washing.
- It is an excellent product for all types of joints and seals of plastic or elastomeric nature.
- It provides great sealing power. It supports vacuum conditions.
- Compound of silicone base, teflonado (PTFE), with characteristics very similar to Molykote 111 Compoud, with the particularity that has recently acquired the DVGW Certification to guarantee its functionality with direct contact with gas.
- Also suitable for joints and valves subjected to direct contact with water: WRAS, DVGW, NSF H1 certifications …
Dry lubrication of metal components
- It is an AFC (anti-friction coating).
- It is a dry film lubricant varnish. It is like a painting and, as such, it is a product that has a curing time (about 15 minutes at room temperature) so that its solvent phase evaporates and the film of solid lubricant remains on the substrate.
- Curing time is a characteristic of dry film anti-friction (AFC) coatings. Its content in Molybdenum Bisulfide, MoS2, is about 29% of its composition. Lubrication completely clean and dry.
Molykote 3400A LF
- It is an AFC (totally dry lubrication) highly resistant to direct contact with gas or hydrocarbons of different nature.
- Very low coefficient of friction.
- Excellent adhesion and protection against corrosion.
- Hot curing (30 minutes at 200 ºC).
The most important thing when using AFC is that they are applied on metal surfaces as clean as possible, so that the product remains in good condition on the substrate.
Important when using an AFC as the Molykote D-321 R in spray format (and in general, any spray), you shake the container well before applying the lubricant, in order to thoroughly homogenize the product so that from the beginning until the end, keep the same properties.
Although it seems obvious, it is important to emphasize that this previous homogenization is necessary, especially if the product has been unused for some time, because the lubricant solids that it has are denser than the oil and are gradually precipitating towards the container well. , producing an unwanted phase separation inside when the product is unused for significant periods of time.
Therefore, by way of summary, always shake before using to project the lubricant completely homogeneous thus ensuring that all its properties are preserved.
Project at a constant speed from a distance always the same of about 15-20 cm.
Finally, as we mentioned a moment ago, the previous cleaning of the application is always advisable to guarantee the best functionality in this and any other product. Within the Molykote range, there is the Molykote metal cleaner.
Molykote metal cleaner
- For the cleaning of metal surfaces with a product that combines different organic solvents of rapid evaporation, that do not corrode or leave residues (it does not have a technical sheet since it is only a mixture of organic solvents).
- Of very easy application also in spray. Once the surface is completely clean and conditioned, the subsequent application of an anti-friction coating (AFC) such as the MOLYKOTE D-321 R will have an excellent anchoring and will guarantee a more effective protection.
Lubricants for Stick-Slip problems (adhesion – slip) on valve stems
Molykote D-321 R could be used on the rods for a lower coefficient of friction, but if the use of a lubricant with more body is needed, Molykote G-N Plus can be used.
If you want the same but with a white lubricant (cleaner) and that is water resistant, Molykote DX.
If the materials of the actuators are not only metallic but metal-plastic combinations, Molykote PG-21 can be applied to avoid the stick-slip.
Lubricantes para piezas metálicas que tengan que almacenarse o transportarse
Molykote metal protector
- Anti-corrosion coating for metal parts that have to be transported or stored for long periods of time.
- Resists more than 500 hours in the salt chamber test, an authentic guarantee of protection against oxidation and corrosion of all types of metal parts and components.
- Available in spray format that allows a very easy operation or in 8 L liquid drums, for a very simple protection of the pieces by immersion or brush application.
Lubricants for valves in oil and gas applications in marine environments:
Most of the time, many gas applications coexist in marine environments or with relative proximity to the environment highly loaded with chlorides (Cl-, highly corrosive anions) that implies the presence of the sea.
- It is a Molykote fat-paste, multipurpose and multifunctional, free of metals and considered a non-polluting product of water.
- Marine applications and offshore applications (also Molykote 1000 is used in this type of applications, for wiring, threaded connections, etc.).
Advantages of Molykote P-40:
Practically for almost all types of marine applications: threaded connections, bolts, spindles, guides (applied in thin layer), drives …
Exceptions: Do not use in bearings, bearings, rotating heads … and in general, applications that require speed.
Lubricants for bearings, bearings and heads that operate in very aggressive environments
Precisely because they are bearings we do not recommend the use of Molykote P-40.
Lubricate with a product suitable for bearings and that is highly resistant to corrosive environments:
Molykote 3451 Chemical resistant bearing grease – Fluorosilicone (FS).
Molykote 1292 Long life bearing grease – Fluorosilicone (FS). (very resistant to water and washing by water, and also supports direct
contact with gas and hydrocarbons)
- They are excellent for bearings, bearings and heads subjected to extremely corrosive conditions.
- Excellent performance up to +230 ºC. Very resistant to water and water washing.
- They also resist solvents and aggressive chemical environments.
- Products that have excellent compatibility with virtually all types of materials, both plastic and elastomeric materials.
- Molykote FS 1292 is also excellent to withstand direct contact with oils, oil, diesel, gas, gasoline …
- Molykote FS 3451 incorporates Teflon (PTFE) in its formulation, which gives it enormous friction coefficient reduction properties, allowing very high and very smooth movements speed.
But not only that, but this type of compound (FS), are absolutely resistant to very extreme conditions, have a great chemical resistance, both acids, alkaline media and most solvents, even on exposure to very corrosive atmospheres , as for jobs in a marine environment, they are practically inert.
When everything else fails
- Perfluorinated synthetic grease (PFPE), has a high presence in the Oil & Gas sector.
- This product has excellent compatibility with virtually all types of materials, including metals, ceramics, plastic and elastomeric materials.
- Extraordinary performance up to almost 300 ºC. It incorporates Teflon (PTFE) in its formulation, which also gives it enormous friction coefficient reduction properties, allowing very high and totally smooth movement speed.
- This type of PFPE base lubricants, are absolutely resistant to the most extreme conditions, have an enormous chemical resistance, both acids, alkaline media and most solvents, even in exposure to highly corrosive atmospheres, are practically inert and maintain their properties unalterable in time despite being subjected to the most aggressive chemical conditions.
- It has minimal deterioration due to oxidation, very low vapor pressure and extremely low base oil volatility. Practically unalterable even the presence of the most critical environments. It is a technically superior product and one that must be resorted to when everything else fails.