Through this article we will discover how to lubricate telescopic cranes with Molykote to prevent grease from coming off the boom.
Discover How to Lubricate Telescopic Cranes with Molykote
Special transport rental companies are looking for long-lasting and resistant lubricant solutions to the problem of grease shedding on telescopic crane booms. This problem is common in sectors such as public works, the wind sector and the maritime- naval industry etc.
The detachment of grease from the telescopic arm of cranes is an ecological and safety problem for the environment as the grease falls to the ground. This leads to an increase in relubrication periods, thus increasing costs and, in addition, giving a bad image to the company.
Solutions to Prevent Fat Shedding
Molykote’s range of adhesive greases are an effective solution to prevent grease shedding on telescopic cranes. The key to the effectiveness of this range lies in the adhesion-enhancing additive that these greases have. We can cover all customer needs, thanks to this range that has white or black fats. These solutions cover all possible requirements for the indicated application:
- Molykote Longterm W2 (white)
- Molykote G-1502 FM (white)
- Molykote Longterm 2 Plus (black)
- Molykote G-4700 (black)
Benefits of Molykote Lubrication
Through this range it is possible to space out the lubrication periods more thanks to the following advantages:
- No detachment on the lubrication surface.
- Long-lasting weather-resistant lubrication.
- Protection against wear, corrosion and oxidation.
- High load capacity and high adhesion to the surface.
- Wide service temperature.
- Designed to withstand high vibrations.
- Excellent for low temperatures.
- They are more durable than conventional EP (extreme pressure) greases.
Other Application Points in Telescopic Cranes
With the wide range of Molykote products, we can lubricate all the grease points of a telescopic crane.
“Alojatodo” product for bolts, shackles and screws in general.
In addition to cranes, Molykote lubricants have been used for the successful lubrication of pipes in rock drilling machines, industrial furnaces, rollercoaster parts, and bearings.