Highly durable, transparent when cured, and easy to manage, the Born2Bond™ UV-Acrylic LC 177 can be used with metals, glass and plastics, including ABS and PMMA. Non-toxic and solvent-free, the range can be dispensed using a wide variety of equipment and methods. Patented Nanostrength® technology developed by Bostik’s parent company, Arkema, ensures greater impact resistance and elongation properties while gap filling, low shrinkage and non-cracking properties further enhance performance. This is supported by a low exothermic reaction during formation which reduces the risk of mechanical stress that could otherwise damage the substrates.
LC 177 is available from liquid to gel viscosities and packaging from small syringes up to 20kg pails. This is useful for many different parts designs, and for small to large production operations.
- Low shrinkage and non-cracking properties
- Transparent after cure (non-yellowing)
- Highly durable – impact, chemical and temperature resistance, with low water absorption
- Multi-substrate adhesion (metals, glass and plastics, including ABS and PMMA)
- Gap filling properties
- Wide UV wavelength range (between 365 and 405nm)
- High elongation
- Can be dispensed using a wide variety of equipment and methods
- Low exothermic reaction during formation (<50°C)
- Luxury goods (e.g. perfume and cosmetics packaging, jewelry, watches)
- Electronics (e.g. PCB assembly, coating, encapsulation)
- Automotive (e.g. ADAS)
- General assembly (e.g. plastic and glass parts bonding)